Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Random Thoughts, Musings, and Observations for 2010

Hello everyone. How 'bout that flight in? Guess that's why they call it Sin City.

Obviously I spent my Christmas break catching up on movies, 'The Hangover' specifically. I've also spent the last two weeks doing a lot of thinking (and not much writing), so I wanted to share with you some thoughts that have accumulated in my brain over the past 14 days. It's really just a cleansing exercise for me as we move into a new year. Speaking of the New Year:

* Can we come to some agreement on what we're actually calling 2010? Is it twenty-ten or 2K ten or two-thousand and ten? This is driving me crazy.

* Seeing ads for the new season of American Idol is like being diagnosed with a 100% curable form of cancer. You know you're going to recover, but that the next six months are going to be excruciatingly painful.

* A question for all the people that go to Times Square for New Year's: Where do you pee?

* I don't know who this Lady Gaga is, but I like her style.

* Is anyone's New Year's resolution to gain weight?

* Watching Jake from The Bachelor stumble clumsily around trying to pick fifteen girls to give a rose to is the exact opposite of watching the guys from Jersey Shore dominate the females of Seaside Heights. Is there any doubt "The Situation" should be the next bachelor?

* And on that note, why in the world would you not pick the hottest fifteen girls on the first night? I know, personality is most important, but let's be honest: no one is going to marry an ugly chick (unless you are ugly yourself). Trim the fat (literally) and then choose Miss Congeniality out of the 9's and 10's you have left. It's science.

* The Washington Times has dropped the sports section in their newspaper. I actually didn't know there were any other sections of a newspaper besides sports - thought the excess was wrapping paper concealing the gift of the sports page.

* I totally know where Gilbert Arenas is coming from.

* Enough with the podcasts, Bill Simmons. I have a full-time job and manage to post at least one, maybe two, blogs a week. You watch sports for a living and aren't even writing a book anymore (which I bought, thanks to your ten daily tweets about it). Show some effort.

* How come when I'm in the theater, every preview looks awesome, but when I look for movies On Demand at home, I can't find one I want to watch?

* I've never actually seen the show, but how can anybody watch 'Glee'? In case you didn't know, glee is a synonym for happy. So basically people are watching a show called 'Happy.' Would you watch a TV program called 'Funny'?

Well, that's about the extent of it. Thanks for allowing me to mentally regurgitate and feel free to add your comments or thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Good Stuff. Well Put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on the blog. Yeah, I resolved to gain weight. RG$ can vouch for me. Happy MMX (I think)!

    ReplyDelete