Saturday, November 7, 2009

Who Am I? Why Am I Here?

Hello my friends! I'm sitting here getting my SNL on trying to think of a witty display name for this one-of-kind (cough, bullshit) blog for everyone on the interweb to see. My friends Pat and Rob (aka Drake Savage and RG$, respectively) decided it was time for the world to hear our thoughts, so Offensive Coordination was born. I think the idea is to have a platform to make fun of anyone with any type of authority, with a slight slant towards sports.

Given that, I suppose I could jack a joke from someone like 'The Sports Guy' and go with a display name like Art Shell, but that lacks originality. I could go with something contemporary, like Brett Favre, but that would be so Peter King. I need to find inspiration by channeling the thoughts of some all-time atrocious decision-makers. Isiah Thomas? Too obvious. Al Davis? Too scary.

No, no - I need a name that will transcend both sports and pop culture. I need someone who "can't stop, won't stop" making horrific moves. I need a name that has the opportunity to change as frequently as the person's taste in vodka. I need to be associated with someone who has ruined more talent than Dr. James Andrews and caused at least one wrongful imprisonment. There's only one name that is fit for me on this blog: Diddy.

Until he changes it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment