Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who Dey?

First off, I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read our blog, you both mean a lot to us. We are confident that this hilarious account of the lives we live will lead us to stardom and for me personally, a marriage to one of the Kardashians.

Who Dey?

During the last Sunday's Ravens game, in between super safety Ed Reed's failed arm tackles, Hauschka's missed field goal, and a complete abandonment of the running game, I lost interest. However, there to grab my interest in between half price appetizers and thoughts of Chris Berman at Applebees, was the Bengals "Battle Cry".

For those of you who aren't familiar with the mildly famous Bengals Chant, it goes like this "Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey Think Gone Beat Dem Bengals". Judging from the grammatical accuracy of this little ditty, I'd say it gathered steam during their, how should I say, well fuck it, back when every guy on the team got arrested.

Upon further review, it became very apparent to me that this may be the most idiotic chant in the history of all major sports. For example, at 1pm on Sunday afternoon, I personally thought the Ravens would "Beat Dem Bengals". I'm sure there are about a million Steelers fans who think that Dey Gone Beat Dem Bengals on Sunday. Who the fuck are Bengals fans to shoot down our thoughts? We live in a free country, and until the liberals get their way of course, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

I mean after all does it really matter that an opposing team 'thinks' they Gone Beat Dem Bengals? We all know the games aren't played in the players' minds, but rather on Sundays inside television sets in sports bars.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment