Friday, December 18, 2009

Dude He's on my Fantasy Team

Fantasy Football is ruining the NFL. There I said it. Wait I take that back, fantasy football is ruining men’s ability to actually watch and enjoy football. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry now spends their Sunday’s rooting for Peyton Manning to throw touchdowns to Pierre Garcon, but not to Reggie Wayne, all so “No Punt Intended” can take out “Urine Trouble” in Week One of their office Fantasy League.

Half the time, there isn’t even money on the line in these leagues but rather it’s all for bragging rights. Seriously, if I was gonna spend the entire NFL season trying to gain bragging rights over my friends and co-workers, I’d save myself 17 weeks and drop my pants in front of them tomorrow.

The part that really annoys the hell out of me regarding fantasy football is that it brings guys who are diehard fans of one team, or at least used to be, to actually root against their team if someone on their fantasy team is playing against their hometown squad. And don’t try to tell me you won’t take a Cowboys player if you are an Eagles fan, or won’t draft Hines Ward cause you love the Ravens. If you are a huge fantasy dork, you don’t care about your preferred NFL team.

My recommendations for enjoying the NFL without Fantasy Football? Either find a team that you love, watch each one of their games intently, bitch about how crappy the play calling is, how terrible their D-Backs are, and how there’s no chance they make the playoffs this season. If that’s not enough for you, open an online betting account and start wagering the rent on the Saints -7 this week.

There is one good thing that Fantasy Football has given us, The League.

1 comment: